Saturday, August 13, 2005

Sad, scary and a sign of the Times

It could have been anywhere but no one expected an officer to lose his life in the Capital Heights area. I know I drive that street at least once a week. Many of us who have lived in the Baton Rouge most of our life, travel the Government Street area regularly.

Officer Terry Melancon died over a search warrant for drugs. When I read the Advocate article and the people interviewed said that the 'suspect' (also dead) did not have a big arrest record, all I could think to myself was "He was sneaky." The man was growing marijuana and selling it on the second floor of his home! How could a reporter bring up past records? What is that supposed to mean? These reporters need to rethink their questions because they are kind of poor.

I also heard that WAFB showed the faces of the other two officers who were shot, despite what Chief LeDuff had requested the media not to do that because it could comprise their future safety and jobs. I wonder why the Advocate didn't jump on that? I call that a double tsk-tsk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home